POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Burning Box of Sponges : Re: Burning Box of Sponges Server Time
3 Oct 2024 09:24:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Burning Box of Sponges
From: Peter Popov
Date: 9 Mar 2000 17:40:52
Message: <mRjIOLq9p7733wCDij3yQ66dtWJ4@4ax.com>
On Thu, 9 Mar 2000 07:14:15 -0500, "Bill DeWitt"
<the### [at] earthlinknet> wrote:

>This is more like what I wanted it to look like. Resampled down to 800x600
>and compressed 25% in .jpg

Wow, that's one BIG heatsink. I want to have the CPU that will need it
(and compile POV for it!!!)

Seriously now, I think the metal doesn't look hot, just illuminated.
Maybe oxidize it a bit or maybe add something to show it's freezing
cold in the nearer part. Maybe some haze in the distance (then again,
maybe not, as this would indicate an atmosphere is present).

This image could benefit from the soft-glow in MegaPOV, what do you
think?

Peter Popov
pet### [at] usanet
ICQ: 15002700